September 7, 2013 8-noon, Maderia Elementary School
Changing Hands is Cincinnati’s newest children’s consignment sale. The sale’s debut last fall left you wanting more, and in 2013-14 we will have two seasonal sales instead of just one. The fall sale happens on September 7, 2013; a spring sale will occur in March of 2014.
Changing Hands offers deeply discounted brand-name children’s clothes, toys, accessories, gear, bedding, and more –all under one roof. Consignor’s take home a 70% profit on merchandise sold, while shoppers can save hundreds of dollars buying must-have and novelty items for children aged newborn to teen. Only items in excellent condition will be sold, eliminating the need to spend extra time sorting through lesser quality merchandise.
Changing Hands takes place at Madeira Elementary School, in the heart of family friendly Madeira, Ohio. 30% of the sale’s proceeds go to support the school’s PTO and help fund outstanding programs, such as Got Art and Young Author’s Night.
EARN CASH FROM YOUR GENTLY-USED CHILDREN’S MERCHANDISE BY REGISTERING AS A CONSIGNOR WITH CHANGING HANDS!
Consigning is simple to do and helps keep your closets clean! Plus, consignor’s get first dibs at sale merchandise during the presale the night before. Consignor registration begins July 1, 2013, so start saving your stuff now!
What do I do?
- Consignors need only pay a $10 registration fee and have items ready to sell.
- Register online under our Consignor tab (or by clicking the link above). A consignor number will be sent to you via email.
- Clean, sort, and tag those cute outfits, books, toys, sports equipment, etc…
- Bring & set-up your items the night before the sale…..and then stay for the consignor only Pre-Sale!
Do I have a booth at the sale?
- No–there are no booths like a flea market or street sale. Changing Hands is more like a consignment boutique. Merchandise will be displayed by category (clothing, strollers, toys, games, etc.), not by seller. We keep track of items sold by your unique consignor number.
Do I stay to sell my stuff?
- We’d love for you to stay and volunteer to work the sale, but should your schedule not allow you to do this, it is not a consignor requirement. Volunteers will be recruited, although we do hope that consignors will choose to help with a shift. If you would like to volunteer, please just send us an email at email@example.com and we will have you sign-up for a shift on Volunteerspot.
What happens to items that don’t sell?
- Unsold items can be reclaimed or, if you want to go home without the clutter, items can be donated to local families in need. At the end of the sale, all items will be sorted by consignor number and any items marked for donation will be placed in a separate pile. Consignors are asked to stay and to help with the clean-up & sorting process and are required to claim merchandise not sold and not going to charity.