CHANGING HANDS RETURNS THIS FALL.
Changing Hands is Cincinnati’s newest children’s consignment sale. The sale’s debut last fall left you wanting more, and in 2013-14 we will have two seasonal sales instead of just one. The fall sale happens on September 7, 2013; a spring sale will occur in March of 2014.
Changing Hands offers deeply discounted brand-name children’s clothes, toys, accessories, gear, bedding, and more –all under one roof. Consignor’s take home a 70% profit on merchandise sold, while shoppers can save hundreds of dollars buying must-have and novelty items for children aged newborn to teen. Only items in excellent condition will be sold, eliminating the need to spend extra time sorting through lesser quality merchandise.
Changing Hands takes place at Madeira Elementary School, in the heart of family friendly Madeira, Ohio. 30% of the sale’s proceeds go to support the school’s PTO and help fund outstanding programs, such as Got Art and Young Author’s Night.
EARN CASH FROM YOUR GENTLY-USED CHILDREN’S MERCHANDISE BY REGISTERING AS A CONSIGNOR WITH CHANGING HANDS!
Consigning is simple to do and helps keep your closets clean! Plus, consignor’s get first dibs at sale merchandise during the presale the night before. Consignor registration begins July 1, 2013, so start saving your stuff now!
What do I do?
- Consignors need only pay a $10 registration fee and have items ready to sell.
- Register online under our Consignor tab (or by clicking the link above). A consignor number will be sent to you via email.
- Clean, sort, and tag those cute outfits, books, toys, sports equipment, etc…
- Bring & set-up your items the night before the sale…..and then stay for the consignor only Pre-Sale!
- Unsold items can be reclaimed or, if you want to go home without the clutter, items can be donated to local families in need.
Do I have a booth at the sale?
- No–there are no booths like a flea market or street sale. Changing Hands is more like a consignment boutique. Merchandise will be displayed by category (clothing, strollers, toys, games, etc.), not by seller. We keep track of items sold by your unique consignor number.
Do I stay to sell my stuff?
- We’d love for you to stay and volunteer to work the sale, but should your schedule not allow you to do this, it is not a consignor requirement. Volunteers will be recruited, although we do hope that consignors will choose to help with a shift. If you would like to volunteer, please just send us an email and we will have you sign-up for a shift on volunteerspot.com.
WHAT IF I JUST WANT TO DONATE ITEMS?
The PTO always welcomes donations. If you have items for the sale, but would like all of your proceeds to go to the PTO, you have this option. When you register as a consignor, just check the box indicating your interest in donation. You will still need to prepare, tag, and set-up your items, as we are not equipped to store and sort items for the sale. We will, however, gladly waive the registration fee and provide you with a letter so that you can claim your donation on your yearly taxes.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.